Saturday 14 February 2015

The Liebster Award

The lovely Laura has just introduced me to the Liebster award, which aims for bloggers to get to know each other better and discover new blogs in the process! 

These are the rules:
  • Link back to the person who nominated you. 
  • Answer the questions your nominator has given. 
  • Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers (I'll try my best!) 
  • Create your own set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Notify your nominees!
I'm having a go at my 11 questions from Laura below, and posting my own questions and nominees shortly!

What item of clothing can't you live without?
This is a tough one because I think there are 8 or 9 staple items needed in every wardrobe! I'd have to go with Converse shoes though (does this count as clothing??) because they are so easy but can be made a little smarter and just seem to go with everything!


Cats or dogs?
Dogs, but preferably neither!

What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was about 10 I wanted to be a newsreader, and then before university I was thinking about journalism, so something along those lines.

How did you get into blogging?
I've had a blog/tumblr on and off for some time now, and I'm new into it again now mainly because I wanted to make some changes this year, and it seemed like a good way to a. document them, and b. see them through whilst inspiring others!

What are the 3 most important things you look for in a blog?
That it's relatable, varied and makes me excited for the next post.

What last made you laugh out loud?
Not the most interesting story, but I just watched Pretty Woman, so it was the film that made me laugh! A classic, and such a brilliant movie with an amazing story!

What actor/actress would play you in the movie of your life?
That's such a hard question - I don't think anyone looks like me, and I don't even have a favourite actress I could choose. I want to say Anne Hathaway because she's tall, brunette and confident!


If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
This is so hard because there are still so many places I want to visit. At the moment it's either Vancouver in Canada - I've wanted to go to Canada ever since I did a school project on the country, or Bali - a friend just got back from there and said it was idyllic (and I've been really keen since watching Eat, Pray, Love).

What is your favourite quote?
“No subject is terrible if the story is true, if the prose is clean and honest, and if it affirms courage and grace under pressure.” - Ernest Hemingway
 "If you play by the rules, you miss all the fun." - Katherine Hepburn


Do you have a bucket list? If so share something from it?
I don't have an official one, although I'd like to pull one together. Something that would be on the top of the list though is to live abroad. I've always wanted to - in hindsight I've no idea why I didn't do an exchange year at university. It would be ideal to move abroad with work for a while, and I'm probably going to look into it next year.

If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?
Have no regrets - everything happens for a reason. Gosh how corny does that sound, but I honestly believe it. So many things have happened that I have been upset or disappointed about at the time, but then told myself to get on with it because there is a reason or plan behind absolutely all of it, and something wonderful is meant to happen next.

[Photo credit here]

2 comments:

  1. Aw loved reading your answers, some of them were tough weren't they?! ;) Those Converse shoes are great - I love the colour! I also love that quote from Katherine Hepburn!
    xx
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things you look for in a blog are similar to mine! I want to go to Vancouver too... The cast of Once Upon A Time films there haha so of course I want to try and see them :P great blog!!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

 photo blanklogofull.png