Saturday 31 January 2015

An organised life

I've always been a bit of a stationary fanatic, and I think in terms of diaries and journals it comes in very useful. It's so important to have a way to record your important thoughts and notes, whatever they relate to.


I had a filofax planner for a while which I adored, but I fancied a bit of a change this year, and found this gorgeous book from my new favourite stationary store. The only shame was the postage and the fact that it took so long to arrive, but I love it anyway! I've always had a planner or diary, I love the idea of the printable ones I see so much of on Pinterest - I think I'll check those out for next year.


I don't tend to make to do lists personally, but this planner has a really handy section for it. I'm not going to waste it on work, but I'll probably save it for when I have a trip or event to plan later in the year. I love all the little additions that come with this planner including cute stickers, shopping lists and a year planner.

Work takes up so much of my time, so I love having the fun things I do outside of work pencilled into this pretty diary. I stick to my BlackBerry only for work appointments (unless I need to travel somewhere), and then fill my planner with everything else! I think it's really important to make sure your time is divided, and having it down on paper somewhere shows that although work can take over, there are a lot of ways to have fun with the social side of things and free your mind a bit.


For Christmas my mum got me the lovely pencil case you see above - I love it so much, and it even has my initials on it which makes it extra special. I tend to take it everywhere with me.
As well as my day planner, I have this black notebook which currently holds all my random thoughts about mindfulness, wellbeing, and blog ideas. I tend to jot things down here wherever I see them, either for the site or just for myself to remind me later.

The final book below is another diary, which I am currently trying to use as a food journal. Needless to say, it's quite hard - mainly to find the time and remember to write in it, but also to see on paper what I've gone through that day! As you know, I'm trying really hard to be mindful of nutrition this year, so it's not about calories or fat, and more about how good what I'm eating is for me. My aim over the next month is to get better at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png